Man killed by a firework on head
A man in the US celebrating the Fourth of July holiday died after he launched a firework off the top of his head.
Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks on Saturday night in Maine. Staples (22) placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off.
The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly.
His death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalized fireworks on January 1, 2012. In 2011, lawmakers voted to repeal a 1949 law banning fireworks, reasoning the industry would create jobs.