Man held in mob raid told to surrender to Dutch police
A Dutch man arrested in Dublin during a garda swoop on an alleged Kinahan gang property has been ordered by the High Court to surrender to Amsterdam authorities.
Naoufal Fassih (36), a Dutch citizen of Moroccan origin, is being sought in the Netherlands to face allegations of attempted murder, assault, possession of false documents and money laundering as well as for an alleged money laundering offence here.
The Amsterdam Public Prosecutor issued three European Arrest Warrants in respect of Mr Fassih on various dates in 2016.
He was arrested by gardai at an apartment alleged to belong to the international Kinahan crime gang on Dublin's Baggot Street in April last year. High Court extradition proceedings have been ongoing since then.
In the High Court yesterday, Ms Justice Aileen Donnelly ordered the surrender of Mr Fassih to Dutch authorities on each of the three warrants.
Ms Justice Donnelly said she had considered all of the points of objection raised by Mr Fassih's lawyers and was "quite satisfied to reject them all".
Mr Kennedy, for the State, said the first alleged offence relates to a violent assault at a Dutch nightclub on October 5, 2012.
The second charge relates to more than €10,000 in cash that Mr Fassih had on him when he was arrested in 2012. Mr Fassih was on social welfare at the time and refused to explain to the Amsterdam police how he could be in possession of such a sum.
The third charge alleges that he was in possession of a false passport.
The warrant for the attempted murder charge was issued last September and relates to a botched assassination on November 5, 2015. Dutch authorities allege that he paid €8,000 to the would-be assassin.
Another warrant was issued after Mr Fassih's arrest in Dublin. Mr Kennedy said Fassih was in possession of watches worth over €40,000, cash, mobile phones and "other items that can be linked to criminality".