herald

Monday 23 October 2017

Man arraigned on sex charges

A man charged with 50 counts of sexual offences against two young girls will appear again before Dublin Circuit Criminal Court in two months.

The 51-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was sent forward from the District Court earlier this year in relation to the offences which are alleged to have happened on dates between 2007 and 2011 at locations in Dublin and Donegal.

The charges sent forward include 40 counts of child exploitation by inviting, inducing or coercing the alleged victim to engage in or participate in a sexual, indecent or obscene act, including engaging in the production of child pornography.

Sarah Jane O'Callaghan BL, defending, told the court the defence received a large amount of disclosure last month. She asked for another arraignment date.

Judge Mary Ellen Ring set a new arraignment date of December 9, 2014.

Syria says 2 Isis jets downed

The Syrian air force has destroyed two of three jets seized and reportedly test flown over Aleppo by the Islamic State group last week.

The country's information minister said that Syrian aircraft bombed the jets as they were landing at Jarrah airbase in Aleppo province. He said the militants hid a third jet, which the air force is now searching for.

Kate Bush says thanks to fans

Kate Bush has stayed tight-lipped about any plans for more concerts. The singer returned to the stage this autumn after three decades.

In a message thanking her fans on her website, she said: "It was quite a surreal journey that kept its level of intensity right from the early stages to the end of the very last show."

Promoted articles

Entertainment News