Heart attack alert over illegal diet pills sold over the internet
A warning about illegal online slimming products which can cause heart attack and stroke has come from the Irish Medicines Board.
The products contain Sibutramine which was withdrawn from medicines in Ireland and across the EU in early 2010 because of the medical risks.
The IMB has now issued a list of slimming products available illegally online which have been found to contain Sibutramine "often fraudulently not declared in the ingredients listed on the pack".
In the past three years there has been a 600pc increase in the number of these products detained by the IMB in conjunction with the Revenue Commissioners.
Over 30 illegal products have been detected as part of the IMB's surveillance operation and they include:
1. Botanical Slimming 100% Natural Soft Gel (Capsules), also sold as Meizitang;
2. Lipro Diet Pills;
3. Li Da Capsules/;
4. Li Da Daidaihua;
5. Reduce Weight Fruta Planta Capsules;
7. Chinashow (Capsules);
8. Slim body #1 Capsules;
9. Slimforte Slimming Coffee;
10. Slimforte Slimming Capsules;
11. Svelte 30 Capsules;
12. Celerite Slimming Tea;
13. Celerite Slimming; Capsules; 14. Fat Burner; No. 1 Capsules. 15. Herbal Diet Natural Capsule. 16. Tea Polyphenol Capsules 17. Ultra Effect Capsules. 18. Slim Magic Herbal Capsules. 19. Slim 3 in 1 Slim Formula. 20. Natural Slim Capsules. 21. 2 Day Diet Capsules. 22. Best Life Fat Burning Capsules. 23. Golden Root Formula. 24. Riomont. 25. Capsule 1. 26. Eight Treasure Emperor Capsule 27. Paiyouji Plus28. Slimex. 29. Leisure 18. 30. Jianfei. 31. Royal Viga. 32. Sibutramine HCI Monohydrate Capsules. 33. Slimming Coffee. 34. Super Slim. 35. Zhen de shou. 36. Sibustat-15. 37. Obestat -- 15. 38. Obety -15.