Shane Conlan (22) was electrocuted at Coldwinters power station in Finglas on Tuesday evening.
He was in his final year of a four-year apprenticeship and was going to move to either Australia or Canada.
Today his family paid tribute to him as a hard worker with the world at his feet.
"Shane was always good with his hands and with his tools," his uncle David Walsh said.
"From a very young age he always showed promise. We would make Airfix kits together and then we progressed on to mechanical planes and cars."
Shane's love for all things mechanical eventually led to him getting his own car. "His beloved Honda Civic was his baby," said David.
"That car meant everything to him. He was a car nut and went to the Nurburgring race track in Germany last year."
Shane's father, Brian, died when he was young and he grew up with his grandparents Eamonn and Marie Fitzpatrick on Shanard Road in Santry.
His mother Michelle lives in Swords.
"He went to school in Larkhill and St Aidan's CBS, and played football with St Kevin's and Whitehall Celtic," David said.
"When it came to thinking of what to do after school, he knew an apprenticeship with the ESB would give him a job he could travel with, and he had plans to go to Canada or Australia when he qualified," he added.
Three separate investigations by the ESB, the gardai, and the Health and Safety Authority are under way into the accident at the 220,000-volt ESB facility.
Several homes in parts of north Dublin lost electricity supplies for a period following the accident.
Shane's funeral will take place tomorrow at the Church of Our Lady of Victories on Ballymun Road at 10am, before burial at Dardistown Cemetery.