herald

Friday 9 December 2016

Teen accused of stabbing has bail revoked

A teenager accused of stabbing a man in an alleged attack in Temple Bar has had his bail revoked by a judge over alleged breaches of conditions he had agreed to.
A teenager accused of stabbing a man in an alleged attack in Temple Bar has had his bail revoked by a judge over alleged breaches of conditions he had agreed to.
A teenager accused of stabbing a man has had his bail revoked

A teenager accused of stabbing a man in an alleged attack in Temple Bar has had his bail revoked by a judge over alleged breaches of conditions he had agreed to.

Darren Donovan (18) failed to sign on at a garda station, breached a curfew and associated with a man he had been told to have no contact with, Dublin District Court was told.

Judge Michael Walsh made the order revoking his bail and remanded him in custody.

Mr Donovan, of Parslickstown Gardens, Mulhuddart, is charged with assault causing harm to a man at Fleet Street on June 27.

Another judge had granted him bail on July 2 subject to conditions. When he was brought back before the court, Gda Dara Kenny said he had since missed 10 signing-on dates.

He had been under a 10pm to 8am curfew, was to have provided a contact phone number and was to have had no contact with a named man.

However, the court was told that gardai found him out in the early hours of the morning in the company of this man.

Asking the judge not to revoke bail, solicitor Amanda Connolly said Mr Donovan got frustrated waiting to sign on, left the garda station and then "buried his head in the sand".

His phone had been "blocked" and the man he was with "exerted some influence over him", she said.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News