OAP on husband assault charge is in rehab centre
A PENSIONER charged with assaulting and injuring her 75-year-old husband, who suffered stab wounds, is still on a three-month treatment course, a court heard.
Philomena Moloney (69) had her case adjourned in her absence again after Judge David McHugh was told the programme she is on will run until next month.
She is alleged to have breached a protection order by assaulting Bernard Moloney at their home at Monksfield Downs, Clondalkin, on April 20 last. She is also charged with assault causing harm to Mr Moloney.
Blanchardstown District Court heard the directions of the DPP were still outstanding in the case.
Defence solicitor John O'Doherty said his client was not present, as she was in the Cuan Mhuire centre - and the three-month programme began in July. She had previously been under psychiatric care.
He asked Judge McHugh to adjourn the case to a date in November. Previously, Garda Siobhan O'Sullivan told the judge that the accused made no reply to the charges after caution.
Garda O'Sullivan said Mrs Moloney allegedly breached a protection order and assaulted her husband, who received a stab wound to the stomach which damaged his liver.
She said Mr Moloney was treated at Beaumont Hospital and that he was "living in fear".
A bail condition was that Mrs Moloney is to stay away from the alleged victim and other witnesses.
Mr O'Doherty said at the time the accused did not have a new address to live at.
Judge McHugh had remanded her in custody with consent to bail on her own bond of €300.