herald

Monday 5 December 2016

Motorist faces trial for dangerous driving

A MAN is facing trial charged with dangerous driving causing serious harm to a man in an incident on a Dublin motorway.

Brian Gavin (28) is also accused of multiple related counts of dangerous driving.

The case against him was adjourned at Dublin District Court for the preparation of a book of evidence.

Mr Gavin, with an address at Castle Lost House, Rochfortbridge, Mullingar, Co Westmeath, is charged with dangerous driving causing serious bodily harm to a man at the N4, Lucan.

He is also charged with six more counts of dangerous driving at the N4, another two at the M4, Leixlip, and failing to stop. The alleged offences, under Sections 53 and 106 of the Road Traffic Act, are all alleged to have happened on January 17 last.

Other charges that had been brought against the defendant were withdrawn by the prosecution.

Garda Keith Lambe told the court the DPP had directed trial on indictment. This means that the case will be sent for trial to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

State Solicitor John Ford said there was consent to the case being sent forward on a signed plea, if that arises.

Judge Michael Walsh made a disclosure order and adjourned the case to a date in September.

The accused has not yet indicated how he intends to plead to the charges.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News