herald

Friday 22 September 2017

Man accused of court threats told not to photograph gardai

Owen Pardue claimed gardai had a ‘vendetta’ against him
Owen Pardue claimed gardai had a ‘vendetta’ against him

A Dublin man accused of threatening behaviour at the Criminal Courts of Justice has been ordered not to harass or take pictures of gardai.

Owen Pardue (52) claimed officers had a "vendetta" against him as he was remanded on bail.

Judge Bryan Smyth adjourned the case to a date later this month.

Mr Pardue, of Taylor's Lane, Rathfarnham, is charged with threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour at the courts on Parkgate Street.

He is also accused of resisting gardai in the same incident last February 23.

Gda Noel Gibbons gave evid- ence of Mr Pardue's arrest, charge and caution at Dublin District Court.

The judge granted him bail with a cash lodgement of €100 on condition that he "does not engage or harass members of An Garda Siochana, on or off duty, save in an emergency situation".

Internet

He must also not "record members of the gardai, on or off duty, by any electronic means".

He is further prohibited from uploading any personal details of members of the force on to the internet.

Defence barrister Karl Mon-ahan agreed to those terms.

In evidence, Mr Pardue alleged there was a garda "vendetta" against him, "which will come out".

He said he had always attended court and had been given a wrong date on one occasion.

Mr Pardue told the court he was "an ill man" with many physical problems.

He said he was currently homeless and did not have "anywhere to run".

Mr Pardue alleged he was "viciously attacked" and that gardai left him without food, drink or access to a doctor for 24 hours.

He also alleged the gardai made "very serious threats" against his life.

The judge said he did not have jurisdiction to deal with these issues and his solicitor could advise him.

Other conditions of bail are that he lives at the address given and is of good behaviour.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News