herald

Friday 19 December 2014

Child wins €3.5k after gastric bug at top hotel

A BOY who suffered food poisoning at one of the country's top hotels has been awarded €3,500 in damages.

THE boy, who was 18 months old at the time of the incident, suffered a 24-hour bout of severe gastroenteritis, Letterkenny Circuit Court was told.

The victim's family settled their action against Harvey's Point Hotel, Lough Eske, Co Donegal.

Recovery

The hotel was recently included in TripAdvisor's top 20 hotels in the world.

The court was told the boy made a full recovery.

He had been at Harvey's Point Hotel with his parents in 2008 when he suffered food poisoning.

"The boy is now six but was 18 months old when this happened in 2008," said counsel for the child Gareth Kinsella.

"It was a 24-hour virus and the boy has no recollection of the incident now."

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Promoted articles

Opinion

Entertainment News