Judge John Coughlan noted that the teenager also has several other charges pending and gardai were objecting to bail.
The court heard that the youth had already spent a period remanded in custody last year, after which he was granted conditional bail.
He was barred from parts of Dublin and ordered to obey a nightly curfew.
Garda Michael Lennon told Judge Coughlan that the boy had repeatedly broken these terms in recent weeks.
The court also heard that there are fears for his safety. An explosive device had been left at an address the boy could visit and it was "meant for" him, the judge was told.
The teenager's lawyer, Aoife McNickle, said there was no application for bail. Judge Coughlan revoked the teenager's bail and remanded him in custody to appear again next week.
He has not entered a plea to his charges and is facing a litany of allegations.
Apart from the alleged motor theft on Wednesday, he is accused -- inter alia -- of knife possession; theft of an iPhone; a breach of the peace; failing to comply with a garda's caution under the Public Order Act; as well as possessing cannabis with intent to sell or supply.