Boy (16) is accused of part in vicious gang mugging
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy has been accused of taking part in a vicious gang mugging of a man who was left injured after he was beaten up on the Liffey boardwalk in Dublin.
Dublin Children's Court heard that the boy has been accused of robbery of the man, who is in his fifties, on September 9 last.
Garda Caroline O'Donnell told Judge Patrick Clyne that it would be alleged that the man had been on the board-walk when he was "assaulted and robbed" by the boy and two other males.
Garda O'Donnell said the man suffered a twisted ankle, a chipped tooth, a cut to his jaw as well as lacerations over and under one of his eyes.
Judge Clyne decided to accept jurisdiction to deal with the case in the juvenile court.
The boy, who was granted legal aid, did not address the court and was remanded on bail to appear again on December 10 when he will be expected to enter a plea to the charge.
Directions from the DPP are also awaited in connection with an assault where the boy allegedly attacked and injured a man at Talbot Street, in Dublin on September 10 last.
Bail conditions had been set earlier compelling him to obey a 7pm to 7am curfew at his home, stay out Dublin 1 and Dublin 2 and sign on daily at his local garda station.