herald

Tuesday 17 October 2017

BAIL terms have been granted to a Dublin youth who allegedly threatened that an assault victim would be "found in a box".

BAIL terms have been granted to a Dublin youth who allegedly threatened that an assault victim would be "found in a box".

Initially, the 17-year-old boy was refused bail last month when he appeared at Dublin Children's Court which heard garda evidence he would intimidate witnesses. However, the High Court later granted conditional bail in the sum of €500 and which has yet to be taken up by the teen.

The youth, who cannot be named because he is a minor, is charged assault causing harm to a man in Tallaght, Dublin, on February 7 last.

The case resumed at the Children's Court which was told that the DPP's directions need to be obtained. Judge John O'Connor granted a two-week adjournment.

Earlier, the judge had been told the teen, was accompanied to court by his parents and his lawyer, was alleged to have commented that the victim would be "found in a box".

Directions from the DPP need to be obtained to help determine if the case should be dealt with in the juvenile court or instead go forward to a circuit court, which has tougher sentencing powers.

The boy has not yet indicated how he will plead to the charge.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News