herald

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Arson attack coach firm hiring 30 new staff

THE Dublin coach company subjected to an arson attack has reversed its fortunes and now plans to take on dozens of new employees.

Dualway Coaches' business was devastated after 16 buses were burned to the ground in an attack on its premises in April last year.

Various sightseeing, single and double-decker coaches were destroyed at the family run firm's depot in Keatings Park off the Naas Road, Rathcoole, causing several million euro worth of damage.

The company is now embarking on an ambitious recruitment drive to employ 30 new members on its team.

Ailbhe Roche, from the sales and marketing department, said that all of the employees pulled together after the devastating attack last year.

"In April 2011 around Easter time there was an arson attack on our depot. We lost a third of our fleet -- 16 buses," she told the Herald. "But we managed to get back up and running within a week or two.

"All of the staff put in extra hours and we made trips to City Sightseeing in the UK and Belfast to get some buses."

Dualway is holding a recruitment fair on Saturday, February 4, between 12 and 5pm at the Gresham Hotel.

Further information about the positions is available on www.dualway.ie.

clairemurphy@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News