herald

Thursday 8 December 2016

Washing machine home fire hazard

Washing machines are the biggest cause of home blazes involving faulty appliances, research has found.

There were almost 12,000 fires caused by faulty, incorrectly installed or poorly maintained home products in just over three years, figures obtained by consumer group Which? show.

Washing machines were responsible for 14pc of domestic fires between January 2011 and March 2014, according to the data which was revealed after a freedom of information request.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News