100g bar Dr Oetker Premium Fine Cook's Chocolate 90pc Dark
475ml (16 fl oz) double cream, at room temperature
150g bar Dr Oetker Fine Cook's Chocolate 35pc Milk
150g bar Dr Oetker Fine Cook's Chocolate White
125g Dr Oetker Fine Cook's Chocolate 72pc Extra Dark
To decorate: Milk chocolate curls
Serves 8 to 10
1. Smoothly line a deep 500g (1lb 2oz) loaf tin with cling film. Break the 90pc Extra Dark into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Remove.
2. Measure out 125ml (4 1/2 fl oz) cream in a jug and stir into the chocolate until blended - it will thicken quickly. Pile into the base of the tin and spread out evenly. Chill in fridge for 20 to 30 minutes until firm.
3. Repeat this process with the milk chocolate, this time using 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) cream to make another layer on top. Make up the white chocolate layer using a further 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) cream and leave to set. The milk and white chocolate layers take longer than dark to set firm.
4. For final layer, melt the 72pc Extra Dark as above, but this time add the remaining 150ml (1/4 pint) cream to the mixture and spread thickly on top of the white layer. Chill for 2 hours to make sure it is completely set.
5. To serve, invert the tin on to a serving plate or board and peel off the cling film. For a very smooth finish, gently run the blade of a knife heated in hot water over the top and sides. Decorate with chocolate curls.