Thai-Style Fricasse sauce with Meatballs
Ingredients 300g beef mince
300g pork mince
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 spring onion, finely sliced
I inch of fresh grated ginger
For the sauce:
1/2 onion sliced
2 tbsp tomato puree*
1 tbsp mild curry powder*
1 tin coconut milk*
200ml Knorr gluten-free Vegetable stock
1 inch of fresh grated ginger
* Choose gluten-free versions
For the rice:
300g (or 1 cupful) basmati rice
3 cardamom pods pierced
600ml (or 2 cups) water
2 big pinches of salt
1. Place all the meat into a bowl and mix. Roll and shape into 12 small balls approximately 2.5cm (1in) in diameter. Put the meatballs in a large roasting tin drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven at 220°C for seven minutes.
2. For the sauce, sweat the onions in oil for 30 seconds; add the curry powder, tomato puree and cook out for 30 seconds.
3. Next add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, ginger, salt and bring to the boil. Allow to bubble and reduce on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Take the meatballs out of the oven and pour the sauce over them and place back in the oven for another seven minutes.
4. For the rice, place all the ingredients in a pot and bring to boil then simmer for 8-10 minutes until light and fluffy. Remove the cardamom once cooked.
5. Serve by spooning on the rice, then the meatballs, sauce, garnish and tuck in.