RTE star Clare Byrne: Next year will be easier because I won't have a new baby
RTE star Claire Byrne has said that next year in the hot seat of her current affairs show will be easier because she will not be returning from just having given birth.
The broadcaster returns to the airwaves on Monday night for the second season of Claire Byrne Live.
She returned to work only 10 weeks after the birth of her second child this year, and has described 2015 as the "busiest year of her life".
Now, despite a general election looming and the fallout from the Fennelly Commission report continuing, she is expecting a more straightforward 2016.
"I think next year - because we're on the treadmill of the show, in that we have done it for half-a- season, and I don't have a brand new baby - I think it will be easier."
Byrne feels it's "going to be a really exciting year for news" and said she hoped to see fewer items on the hour-long show this year so that they are given "more time to breathe".
"I would also really like to see more audience involvement and see more people coming to us to tell their stories," she said.
"That's what people did last year, but I want to see more of it."
She was speaking at a new Ethiopian art exhibition in the Smock Alley theatre. Proceeds from the sale of the artworks will go towards the Hamlin Fistula hospital which is run by an Irish couple and where over 43,000 women have been treated.