herald

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Who clock off with 50th anniversary tour

ROCK veterans The Who have announced a series of 50th anniversary shows - and suggested it would be their last major tour by telling fans it was the start of their "long goodbye".

The group - featuring Roger Daltrey (inset) and Pete Townshend, the two surviving members from the original quartet - will play a series of arena shows from November which they say will be an "amazing journey" through their career.

The Who, who formed in 1964 as the High Numbers, have continued to perform high profile shows with occasional lengthy breaks in their career.

Daltrey spoke last year about how the band would be reining-in their touring and said they were planning a "last old-fashioned, big tour".

In 2011 they are said to have reached an audience of 100 million when they play ed the Super Bowl, then the olympics in London.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News