herald

Wednesday 7 December 2016

No plans for Zayn's solo career launch

Zayn Malik
Zayn Malik

One Direction fans might have to wait a little longer for Zayn Malik to launch his solo career after a spokesman for his producer Naughty Boy said a track that appeared online was actually recorded for the boyband's last album.

The song, called I Won't Mind, which features the star singing over an acoustic guitar, was put up online by Naughty Boy and led to claims that Malik (inset) was about to release it as a solo single.

But a spokesman for the producer, who has also worked with acts including Emeli Sande, said: "Naughty Boy and Zayn wrote and demoed the song as a contender for One Direction's album last year.

"They aren't furiously writing on his solo material or anything, there aren't plans in place for a big solo launch and this wasn't recorded in the last few days they were together.

"They are very good friends and Zayn is taking time out, including visiting Naughty Boy at his studio and hanging out together."

Its appearance online upset Malik's former bandmate Louis Tomlinson who took to Twitter, saying: "Wow @NaughtyBoyMusic you're so inconsiderate pal, seriously how f****** old are you ? Grow up ! #masterofallwisdom."

Tomlinson then told fans: "Always have strugg-led to bite my tongue."

The boyband, who were put together after entering The X Factor as solo acts, have spoken out to quash rumours that they are set to split up in the wake of Malik's departure.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News