Rugby Rocks charity catwalk event will be at the Aviva Stadium
- Fashionistas will be at the Aviva Stadium on Thursday to attend a Rugby Rocks charity catwalk event.
Celia Holman Lee will be hosting a fashion show with clothes from the best of Dundrum Shopping Centre stores to raise funds for the charity Bothar.
Amongst the names on the guest list are Glenda Gilson, Martin King, Lisa Murphy and Gary Kavanagh.
- Electro-loving revellers will descend on Twisted Pepper on Saturday October 18 where Dutch producer Legowelt will appear at Test.
Since the mid-90s, Danny Wolfers aka Legowelt has been releasing disco jams and Italian horror sound-tracks. Support will come from the Lunar Disko dynamic duo of Barry 'Bazzer' Donovan and Andy 'Danger Doyle' Doyle.
- The Porterhouse will be the place to be on Thursday as it's hosting a beer-tasting.
The evening will mark the launch of the venue's Oktober-fest so they will be tasting some Porterhouse bottled and draught beers, to the sound of an Oompah band.
- The IFI celebrated the life of actor Mick Lally with a special tribute last night.
Introduced by his close friend and Druid co-founder Garry Hynes, the event was attended by many of the late star's friends, colleagues and family. Lally was best-known as Miley in RTE's Bracken and Glenroe.
All proceeds from the evening are being donated to Pakistan Flood Relief.
- Ross O'Carroll -Kelly is set to return to the Olympia Theatre on October 15 for a four-week run of his new play Between Foxrock And A Hard Place, following the success of his debut, The Last Days Of The Celtic Tiger.