Oktoberfest kicked off last night
- OKTOBERFEST at the Porterhouse Brewing Company officially kicked off last night with draught and bottled beers from all regions of Germany imported specially for the occasion.
Samples will be distributed each evening throughout the festival, which runs until Sunday October 24 at the Porterhouse branches in Temple Bar, Nassau Street, Glasnevin, Bray and Covent Garden.
- ORGANISERS of Ireland's first Top Gear Festival Sprint Challenge have just confirmed the details of the 40 successful competitors who will participate at the event, which takes place from November 26 to 28 at Citywest.
The impressive line-up includes many of Ireland's 2010 Motorsport champions in both saloon and single seater cars including; Gareth MacHale, Tommy Graham, Derek Tohill and Joe Foley to name but a few.
- SOME of the biggest names on the social scene made their way to celebrity hotspot Krystle last night for the much anticipated second birthday celebrations of Stellar magazine.
The invite-only bash kicked off from 6.30pm onwards, with guests enjoying complimentary drinks and nibbles.
The announcement of Ireland's Bachelor of the Year, as voted by Stellar readers also took place on the night.
- TICKETS went on sale at 9am for popular comedian Lee Evans' gig at the O2 in Dublin on October 26 and are expected to sell out fast.
Lee's new show is called Roadrunner and will perform 50 nights at some of the biggest arenas across the UK and Ireland.
Evans has won many accolades including the highly coveted Perrier Award and the Time Out Award for Comedy.
- GRAZIA magazine Style Director Paula Reed is coming to Dublin tomorrow to do a series of style workshops in Brown Thomas.
Paula will be sharing her style tips with aspiring designers at the Designer Rooms at 12pm, 1.30pm, 3pm and 4pm.