Kathryn Thomas holds photocall for launch of Sunflower Days 2010
Kathryn Thomas is holding a photocall next Monday morning at 11am to launch Sunflower Days 2010.
The Winning Streak presenter will be joined by Grace Pearl Hassan-Maguire (2), Samara Jones (8) Mia Lyons (3) and Tara O'Sullivan (8) who will dress as sunflower fairies.
Sunflower Days will take place on June 11 and 12, with hundreds of volunteers set to sell sunflower pins for €2 each. All funds raised locally will stay locally.
- YUMMY mummy Corina Grant stepped out with up-and-coming chef Donal Skehan for the Squeeze Heinz Recipe Challenge.
The initiative urges fans around the country to submit their favourite tomato ketchup recipes in order to be in with the chance to win their grocery bills paid for three months.
- FANS of hit series Sex And The City were out in force last night for a party at the Morgan Hotel.
The event featured a fashion show in conjunction with the John Compton modelling agency with a range of collections by Bastyan at BT's, showcased by Lisa Fitzpatrick.
Guests also had the opportunity to be pampered in the new residents' lounge and the chance of winning a holiday in New York.
- Celebrity DJ Leeroy Thornhill from the Prodigy will be on the decks at the Karma, Galway tonight.
The Smirnoff Ears Have Eyes event will kick off from 11pm with the star set to keep the party going late into the night. The evening will be full of surprises, with an array of performers and theatrical acts including fire performers and break dancers.
Tickets will be on sale on the door for €10.
- AFTER much anticipation Strictly Come Dancing -- The Professionals Tour, featuring 10 popular dancers from the hit BBC1 series, arrives in Dublin.
The hugely popular stage show will debut at the O2 tonight, before playing two sell out shows tomorrow, Saturday, May 15 and Sunday, May 16.
Fans can look forward to being taken on a rhythmic and colourful journey during the show which features the Argentine tango, rumba rhythms, sizzling samba and mambo moves.
- A HOST of big names is expected to step out for the official opening of the new Aviva Stadium, formerly known as Lansdowne Road, in Ballsbridge this afternoon.
The ceremony will take place on the podium at 2.30pm sharp, where Taoiseach Brian Cowen will be in attendance.
Admittance is strictly by invitation only, while tours of the new facilities will be available after the official proceedings.