"Come Dine With Me Ireland has been a hugely popular show for TV3, but the deal we signed with ITV was for 13 episodes, and that has now come to an end," a TV3 spokeswoman said.
The co-production with ITV became a major hit for TV3 from its first airing in 2011, not least because it featured the sardonic voice-over artist, Dave Lamb, who featured on the original UK Channel 4 series.
It has continued to grow, with 365,700 viewers tuning in during April 2012 to watch rugby legend Shane Byrne cook up a storm for his guests and become the overall winner of a celebrity version of the show, winning €5,000 for his charity.
However TV3 could face a backlash, with more than 23,000 fans signed up to a Come Dine With Me Ireland Facebook group.
In response to any possible grumbling, TV3 says "no final decision has been made" and stressed it would continue to air the UK series.
"Who knows what could happen in the future? The deal we had with ITV was for 13 shows. The last show will be aired on Friday," added the spokeswoman.
But although the station insisted that no final decision had been taken, TV3's official Twitter account last weekend advised viewers to "make sure to catch the last EVER Irish series of Come Dine With Me all this week at 9pm on TV3".
First broadcast in January 2005 on Channel 4, the format – which features amateur chefs competing against each other to host the best dinner party – is now being aired in 32 countries around the world, as far afield as Israel and Iran.